Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Male Bonding - Nothing Hurts


This is the London trio’s debut album. Nothing Hurts has just the right combination of all the influences I love. Male Bonding delivers Jesus & Mary Chain feedback, but it’s not so drenched in it that you lose the pop-punk hooks and the Andy Bell (of Ride) tinged vocals on some songs. The bass lines and guitar hooks remind me of the CBGB scene of the late 70’s. This is NOT a dreamy album. Each song has its own sound, yet blends into a deliciously coherent indulgence that clocks in at about a half an hour. These songs are fast and catchy; you may find yourself dancing while singing along! This record gets better and better each time I listen to it. This is highly recommended.

Nothing Hurts is out now on Sub Pop records. Buy the record and you get a digital download as well. Order here: http://www.subpop.com/releases/male_bonding/full_lengths/nothing_hurts

1 comment:

  1. I hear Andy Bell and I think Erasure :P

    I will check this out for sure on this super recommendation, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete